Hi there! I’m Shelby Tavern and I am a wife, daughter, sister, and friend. I grew up in Amarillo and moved back here in July 2010 after living in the Austin area for 8 years. I LOVE LOVE LOVE being back in my home town!! I guess I never really realized how much I missed my family and friends until I was back home. I am married to the love of my life, Matt. We have been married since May 2008 and have had a blast in married life. He is a huge supporter, along with my parents, in my photography business. My pride and joy is my son Tripp! He was born in October 2011 and ever since he made his debut he has held my heart. I look back on life before Tripp and I now realize that it was never truly complete He’s the most entertaining, lovable, spunky, and smiley little guy you’ll ever meet
I have met some amazing people along my photography journey and I can’t wait to meet more! I would be honored to photograph your next family session, your new little bundle of joy, your long awaited wedding day, and more!
Here is some little tidbits about me:
- First and for most, I LOVE GOD!!
- When people asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up I always said…a mother! Tripp has truly made me who I was meant to be…his mommy
- I don’t drink coffee and never have!! Well unless I just landed in Las Vegas and it’s 11pm! :)
- I wake up in the morning and the first thing I need is a cold Diet Dr. Pepper!
- I love the smell of gasoline!
- Family means the world to me!!! I don’t know where I would be today without their love and support!
- I love to travel! I have been to more countries than I have been states and I don’t plan to stop any time soon.
- The first time I met Matt the first thing I noticed was his smile! I also told my mom after dating him for only two days that I would marry him!
- I am probably the most superstitious person you’ll ever meet! Black cats, pennies heads up, not walking under ladders…the whole shebang!
- I am an organize freak!! I even have to have all my clothes color coded in sleeve order!
- I love to sleep! If you give me a couch, toss pillow, and throw blanket I will be out in ten minutes! Drives my husband crazy!
- I love to go to the movies! I owe this one to my parents. They go on a movie date every Friday afternoon! I have also been known to go to movies by myself! Sweat pants and all! :)
- Popcorn is one of my main food addictions! Butter and salt included of course!
- I jam out to music in my car by myself! Doesn’t matter if I’m at a stoplight or long road trip!
- I have an obsession with shoes! I seriously have over 50 pairs of flip flops alone!
- I hate to admit it but I still watch old TV shows that everyone else gave up on! I love One Tree Hill and The Bachelor!
- I have very contemporary style in my home decor! I love really crazy off the wall colors, paintings, etc! Seriously, my formal living room and dining room is painted pomegranate orange with red chairs!
- I love that Matt loves to work on the outside of our house! He loves to mow the grass, prune trees, etc. I can’t keep any plant alive if I tried!
- I love to be up to date on today’s fashions! Guilty!!!
- It drive me crazy when someone tries to read my People Magazine before I have a chance to!
- I could eat chips and queso for my only meal for the rest of my life! Well and popcorn
There’s plenty more to know about me so don’t be afraid to ask!